Sunday 11 August 2013

I Want My Sky TV...or where's Kammy?

Well, shutdown season gallops on apace but I feel that I'm being left behind somewhat.  I'm sure over on the Elgin they're working like troopers but over here on the Franklin side of things my heels are becoming blue with being kicked.  We had a visit by a supply boat today but that was merely a false dawn.  Yes it was crammed full of our test gear but it was test gear for somewhere else and certainly not the droids I was looking for.

   This has given me some time to catch up with the ever-more unreal unfolding of the new football season however and it grew even more surreal yesterday as I turned on 'Soccer Saturday' expecting to see the same old jolly boys club and was greeted to an unending parade of new boys and summer transfers (most looked like they'd been promoted from the youth team).  Now, we hear lots at this time of year about how the 'New boys will need time to bed in' or 'Get used to their new team mates and surroundings' but this lot looked as out of place as when Gareth Southgate got the Middlesborough job (although you had to admire the way he persisted with the 'Head Boy' tie-and-jumper-under-the-suit ensemble).

  Who are all these shiny new people staring wide-eyed into the camera like a rabbit in the headlights or an Ashes batsman?  Surely BTSport hasn't poached ALL the best talent?  I want the fake camaraderie of Le Tissier and Merson, the gentle ribbing of Thompson as Liverpool let in ANOTHER bloody goal!!  Where, for example, was the huge gurning visage of Bryn Law?

   Oh well, I was going to say that we could have found out for the Charity Shield (yes, I'm that old, I still call it that and shall remain calling it that until they do away with either it or me) but then I see that it was on ITV, which is a whole other kind of wrong (with the ever more menacing passive-aggressive presence of Roy Keane).  So perhaps we'll wait for next week as we do not have BTSport on board here.  I seem to have played Sky contract Bingo and lost...


Neil Hannon Rocks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment